Calendar of Events
Upcoming conferences, meetings, workshops, plus links to other online calendars. Meetings are in
· September 22—NEW. House Republican Policy Committee hearing on electric rate cap mitigation. Room 418. 10:30.
· September 22— Environmental Issues Forum presentation by U.S.G.S on emerging contaminants in PA Streams sponsored by the Joint Conservation Committee. Room 205
· September 23—NEW. House Environmental Resources and Energy Committee meets to consider House Bill 2480 (DeWeese-D-Greene) providing for the adoption of the Mid-Atlantic Area National Electric Transmission Corridor Compact, Special Session House Bill 55 (Brooks-R-Crawford) providing incentives for using switchgrass and other biofuels feedstock to reclaim abandoned mine lands, Special Session House Resolution 107 (not yet online), House Resolution 883 (Harper-R-Montgomery) directing the Legislative Budget and Finance Committee to review how grants are funded under the Growing Greener II program; Senate Bill 1330 (D.White-R-Indiana) establishing the Coal Methane Review Board, Senate Bill 1062 (Wonderling-R-Montgomery) reimbursing brownfield developers for certain costs, Senate Bill 1050 (Baker-R-Luzerne) establishing the Used Tire Pile Remediation Account and making an appropriation. Room G-50 Irvis Building. 9:00.
· September 23—NEW. Senate Environmental Resources and Energy Committee meeting to consider Senate Bill 1573 (Musto-D-Luzerne) making a correction to the Water Facilities Bond language, Senate Resolution 375 (Dinniman-D-Chester) urging Congress to oppose certain federal rules governing the regulation of interstate transportation of natural gas, House Bill 44 (Rubley-R-Chester) banning the sale of thermostats containing mercury. Room 461. 10:00.
· September 23—CANCELLED. Governor’s Sustainable Water Infrastructure Task Force meeting. Room 105
· September 23— Joint Legislative Budget and Finance Committee meeting on Senate Resolution 195 (Brubaker-R-Lancaster) related to a review of the Agricultural Conservation Easement Purchase Program. Hearing Room 3,
· September 24—NEW. Senate Urban Affairs and Housing Committee meets to consider Senate Bill 1291 (Rhoades-R-Schuylkill) providing additional authority for blight reclamation projects. Room 156. 9:30.
· September 24— Senate Game and Fisheries Committee hearing on powers and duties of deputy wildlife conservation officers with the Game Commission. Hearing Room 1,
· September 24— Senate Environmental Resources and Energy Committee informational meeting on carbon sequestration. Room 8E-A, East Wing. 9:15.
· September 24—Delaware River Basin Commission meeting to provide an update on implementation of the 2004 Water Resources Plan for the
· September 24—DCNR Conservation and Natural Resources Advisory Council meeting. Room 105
· September 30—NEW. House Environmental Resources and Energy Committee hearing on natural gas drilling in the Marcellus Shale formation. Room G-50 Irvis Building. 1:30.
· October 1—NEW. DEP Climate Change Advisory Committee meeting. Room 105
· October 2— PROP Organics Committee meeting. Tillotson Room,
· October 18—Joint Conservation Committee Sewage Management and Treatment Task Force.
· October 23—Joint Conservation Committee Legislative Forestry Task Force.
· October 30—Location Change. DEP Nonpoint Source Liaison Workgroup meeting. Fish and Boat Commission,
· November 13— Public Utility Commission hearing seek information on alternative energy resources, as well as energy conservation and efficiency, and demand side response tools and programs to assist consumers. Hearing Room 1, Keystone Building. 12:30.DEP Calendar of Events
(courtesy PA Center for Environmental Education)
|Go To Preceding Article Go To Next Article|