The Southern Laurel Highlands Plant Management Partnership has organized eight different invasive species eradication events throughout Western Pennsylvania they call the 2008 Project Weed Whack.
The Partnership includes The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy’s Bear Run Nature Reserve, Fort Necessity National Battlefield and Ohiopyle State Park.
The events include:
· March 28-29: Introduction to Invasives and honeysuckle eradication, Fort Necessity;
· April 19: Bear Run Nature Reserve, garlic mustard eradication;
· May 17: Ohiopyle State Park, garlic mustard eradication;
· May 31: Ohiopyle State Park, Japanese Knotweed eradication;
· June 21: Fort Necessity common teasel eradication;
· July 19: Ohiopyle State Park, Japanese Barberry eradication;
· August 16: Bear Run Nature Reserve, Japanese Stiltgrass eradication; and
· September 13: Fort Necessity burning brush eradication.
For more information, download the Project Weed Whack brochure.